Typical Closings proceed along a timeline involving:
- Title is ordered and the closing is scheduled by the Realtor or Mortgage Lender
- A Title search is performed by an experienced title examiner
- The Title Report is received within one to three business days
- Title is reviewed by an attorney to identify any Title issues
- The parties are contacted for necessary information
- The Mortgage Lender is contacted to coordinate receipt of the closing package of documents
- A preliminary Settlement Statement settlement statement is prepared and sent to all parties for review
- The Closing is conducted by an experienced attorney
- The deed transferring title is recorded at the county courthouse
- Signed documents are returned to the Mortgage Lender
- The accounting of the file is balanced and checks are issued
The highly experienced members of Our Pre-Closing, Closing, and Post-Closing Departments are dedicated to making sure all parties have the information and documentation necessary to proceed with their Closing on time.
Many clients have questions about the paperwork and documentation they will need to bring to their Real Estate Closing. For your convenience, we offer a checklist to ensure you arrive at your Closing fully prepared to finalize the transaction. You can find these downloadable checklists here.
To help you better understand the Real Estate Closing process, we have assembled a Glossary of Closing Terminology and have attempted to answer some Frequently Asked Questions related to Real Estate Closings.
To schedule a Closing in our office, or to discuss your real estate needs, please call Slepian, Schwartz & Landgaard at (770) 486-1220. If you are a mortgage lender or real estate professional you may also schedule a Closing at Slepian, Schwartz & Landgaard by completing the Title Request Form on this website. We look forward to working with you.