As a Builder or Developer, your business is always changing. You should be able to pick up the phone at any time and speak with an attorney who is already intimately familiar with all aspects of your current business and who can guide you through potential pitfalls in the future development of your business. At Slepian, Schwartz & Landgaard we foster lifelong relationships with our Builder and Developer clients in order to provide this level of service.
Our attorneys provide full-service legal representation to Builders and Developers of Real Estate. We assist our clients with the resolution of all types of real estate, development and construction issues, including those that arise as the result of permitting and government regulations, environmental law compliance, contracts and warranties, construction and design defects, condemnation, zoning, title issues, title insurance, easements, covenants, encroachments and ad valorem taxation. Our lawyers are typically able to resolve these matters through arbitration and mediation, however if these efforts do not yield a beneficial result, our team of skilled litigators will argue your case for you in court.
In addition to dispute resolution, we assist Builders and Developers with the following:
- Creation of business entities for acquisition, development and sales
- Drafting of partnership and operating agreements
- Closing of acquisition and construction loan financing
- Preparation of land acquisition and Builder oriented sales contracts
- Resolution of zoning and land use issues
- Preparation and filing of subdivision covenants and condominium declarations
- Creation of Developer building program contracts and lot take-down and development agreements
- Review of real estate brokerage and marketing agreements
If you are a Builder or Developer who would like to develop a relationship with an attorney, please call Slepian, Schwartz & Landgaard today.